Friday, September 08, 2006

Kerala Love

The South of India is absolutely goregous. WE've been beach hopping and LOVING it!! What is a typical Indian beach like?
- HUGE waves (i.e. you don't swim if you have a brain...)
- No one wears bathing suits
- men in their tighty whities spashing around
-women in sarees trying desperately not to get all wet
-kids kicking water on eachother
-no one lays out, everyone is standing
-massive palm tree filled, red dirt coasts
-and of course, there are the 100's of Indian people gawking at me if I hapen to be there :)

We're now in the middle of our house boat tour of the Kerala backwaters. We were just in Kovalam and are on our way to Kumaracomb. IT's absolutely breathtaking - 100s of palm trees, rice patties, kids waving to us from their villages, etc. This computer is horrid so I am off - and dinner is awaiting us (why am I going back to work?!?!?! This is so much better!!!) :)
MIss you all. wish you were here to enjoy this with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Catie,

I finally figured out how to comment. I am so excited for you. I can imagine you having a ball. Enjoy every bit of it....

Dhru