Sunday, June 25, 2006

Endings and Beginnings

The last day of school came and passed anti-climactically and I have officially left the Bay Area to begin my soul-finding journey for a few months. Currently I find myself in my great friend Bobby's new place with my sister and his partner in the posh Pearl District in Portland.
Yesterday, we went to the fantastic Rose Garden, pretty appropriate for the City of Roses, and watched as Bobby nearly ate the roses as he smelled them with his whole face inside the floweres. Then we moseyed onto the river front and admired how Mount Hood looks over the city like an overprotective father: always present and endearing in it's own special way. In the evening, we went out for tapas and enjoyed octopus, Pisco Sours, quinoa, ceviche, and mint-salsa. Mmmmm. Today we're headed to the PO (Pacific Ocean) to avoid the oh-so-fricken-hot temps. On the agenda: frisbee, making sand castles, and throwing Vicky into the ocean when she is least expecting it. Tomorrow I am taking the Amtrack up to Seattle area and will join my cousin and mom for some more Pac Northwest Fun.

No comments: