Friday, June 30, 2006

SeaTac and Malibu

Currently relaxing after a day at the beach in Malibu with Johanna. We managed to see a movie shoot of some kind and kept our eyes peeled for Jessica Simpson and Reese Witherspoon. No dice. We also went to a lovely diner for lunch and promptly walked out when the vege sandwiches were, oh, $15.00. We're so not So Cal!

Seattle area was great fun...my mom met up with my grandma's cousin and me wearing the brightest outfit I have ever seen (seriously...flourscent green top and printed Hawaiian jungle pants...apparently designer marked down to $9.00. And she wonders why.). After we sorted out that the outfit needed to go, we managed to eat some yummy seafood, I learned to knit and pearl, and we chatted with some of our cousin's friends who have the most interesting histories. For example, Joy moved to Oklahoma in the 1950's from NY and the KKK on her yard telling her, the Yankee, to go home. Dodie's husband worked on the first monkey to go into outerspace and their family lived in Cairo! I learned the my grandma's cousin directed the first play in Detroit of mixed races in the 1950's as well. The mixture: African American and Polish immigrants.

Tomorrow is Alex and Leyla's reception, the entire reason we're down here. CHeck out pictures of their civil ceremony in SF www.inthemachine.blogspot.com
Then Sunday, off to San Diego to kind-of start the drive back east...after we go to every park, museum, and beach we can! I will keep you posted as I can.

No comments: