Friday, August 25, 2006

A sight to see

Yesterday, I took a trip to 2 Hindu temples with Deepa, her lovely cousin and her auntie. The temples were absolutely goregous (reminded me a lot of Cambodia), however they are no so much of a tourist sight.
Translation: I was the only white person for hundreds of miles .
Here are some of the comments that were relayed to me by onlookers:
A woman told a beggar child in Hindi to "Ask the white lady for money. She'll give it to you"
A transvestite said "The American lady will give you more money"
Others said "What is that white lady doing with 3 Indians?"

Children and adults stare at me. It's a riot. I have a new title: conversation starter and jaw dropper.

All is great - we leave Ahmbedad tomorrow morning and are headed to the Taj Mahal, Delhi, and Agra next. Exciting!

No comments: