Monday, July 11, 2005

24 is the lucky number

So our visit to the Golden Triangle, where Burma, Thailand and Myanmar meet wasn't so exciting...BUT we did get to ride in a pick up truck with 22 people - 19 of which were locals - smashed in the back. That is the limit of students I will have in my classroom next year! Ideally I will not have to smash my students into a pick up truck, but thankfully I know it is possible to do.
We are now just chilling in Chaing Rai - a city in the North - with not much to do. We are enjoying AC and I am having my first mocah since leaving the USA. It is great :) On our way to get some massages and mom - we will finally eat the pad thai you say is so great at the Dusit Island. Hopefully it is better than the disgusting Durian I forced all to try!!! haha!
Tomorrow we stop by Chaing Mai for lunch and then board a night train for an overnighter to Bangkok where I will be staying for a few days before leaving on a crazy trip to Cambodia and Vietnam.

No comments: