Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pacific Love!

The Pacific Ocean is warm enough here for you to swim in and there are not millions of people on the beaches (unless you count the women in tons of clothing from head to food, donning rice hats, trying to sell you crap). To say the least, the beach in Hoi An is goregous. We (my Aussie friend) and I had lunch and swam for a while yesterday and it was really relaxing. The two of us piled onto a female run moped (making 3 people on a one person bike), paid about 1.00, and got a round trip, door to ocean drive.
We took a cooking course last night which was fun I learned how to make pork in banana leaf (aluminum foil will suffice), vegetable spring rolls - fresh and fried, papaya salad (they use unripe papaya so it tastes like cucumber), and won ton salad. It was good fun :) I also managed to get some artwork that will hopefully be in my home one day and ordered more clothes. Johanna, watch out, I may come off the plane in something a little crazy!
We are leaving today for Hue, another beach town, and I have heard it is really nice. There is a woman who tells fortunes there and I am really looking forward to hearing what she has to say! While I am loving Asia, I think that I am preparing for going home as I am getting sick of people in these countries thinking I want to buy everything....they say "Madame" and follow you around, ignoring your pleas of "No, thank you" and bothering you for far too long. I am also sick of the mopeds here. They honk all the time and I have been hit by 2 so far (they drive everywhere - market, sidewalk, buildings, etc.)....none of my hittings were great and I didn't even get bruises, but it is annoying. Oh well, I will probably wish to be back soon enough!

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I can't wait for you to come home, no matter what you're wearing!