Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dogs with Running Sores

Dogs are prevalent in Thailand and I don't think any are neutered. This means there are tons of weird looking dogs that mate with other odd looking dogs and come up with the most hideous of beasts that just roam around cities. Of course I avoid the dogs at all costs, especially the ones with open sores, but it amazes me at just how many dogs are on the prowl. Absence of nasty dogs: a benefit of living in the US.
Leslie left us this morning after a crazy night out that involved drinking out of buckets that were filled with some crazy mixture that still has my head spinning. To celebrate our last night, we effectively got our tour guide drunk and all 5 of us climbed into a tuk tuk since it was pouring when we left the bar. Leslie introduced us to the Stephen Hawking dance (you don't even want to know...) and our guide danced in a teradactyl like fashion if he wasn't doing MC Hammer moves.

I have a few days alone in Bangkok and I am going to run around - go to the zoo, the Royal Palace, read my new book (that is actually used and falling apart) - Gone With the Wind, enjoy cheap Thai food, go to the Teak Mansion, and of course get another massage (all of this while avoiding the mangy dogs of Bangkok). Hopefully I will be able to get my pictures up onto a CD and online - email me if you want to be added to the album!

No comments: