Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hoi An - the Beach Town!

After avioding getting run over by 30000000 mopeds this morning, we boarded a flight from Saigon to Hoi An - a lovely town on the enormous ocean. This town is really quaint, more quiet, and full of tailors and great restaurants! Nearly everyone in the group was fitted for clothing today and I am having more things made. I figure it will keep me out of US malls and truly I think I won't be able to handle them for at least 2 months for fear of culture shock. It is really cheap - for 120.00US I am having the following made (and the fabric ranges from linen to silk...)
2 pairs of pants
1 dress
1 asian-style jacket
1 asian-style shirt
1 skirt
3 button down shirts
Got a massage, ate some good tofu, read some Harry Potter (100 pages to go....), and walked a bit around. Tomorrow we'll go to the beach and visit some of the old homes on a tour. Leyla - Vietnam is definitely the Durian Country - it is everywhere :) Glad you are enjoying Ireland!

2 comments:

Johanna said...

How on earth do they have Harry Potter in Cambodia? Jesus. Let me know when you finish because I have TONS of theories about what really happened. Miss you.

Catie said...

Oohhh I am done with it! I think that there may be a great twist in the next one too....hmmm.....